Thursday, May 14, 2009

The Sartre of the Sea



Perhaps if a jellyfish were to clearly be up to shaping some kind of legacy, we'd more readily recognize it as existential. Moreover, jellyfish can't lift up a stringy tentacle and announce "I am doomed to be free!".
However, who is to say that jellyfish don't think of the world existing for an eternity after they have passed on from their watery world? Much is to be said about how condusive to existential thought idle ocean-floating can be.
Give the Sartre of jellyfish a talk bubble and what would he do with it? I'm no jelly fish, but I reckon she'd be too deep in thought to use it. Had I been born a jelly fish I wouldn't waste my time chatting it up, not with all the jelly fish thoughts to think.
Anyhow, regardless of all these theoriticals on the life of jelly fish, I'm sure we can agree that jelly fish are typically the pensive type. Not the cuttlefish, though. The jock of the invertebrates of the sea.

No comments:

Post a Comment